Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to my blog page. This page is dedicated to exploring the power of Web 2.0. I will be discussing technologies and evaluating the educational uses of these technologies.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

What about educational Jing possibililties?

I believe the Jing Project has much educational potential. It is great for teachers to use in the classroom as it includes both visual images and sound. These features enhance teaching and are a tremendous help for students who are visual or audio learners. Also, the tool can be used by teachers to provide extra support for students who are struggling to complete a task or get a concept. This is an easy and quick way for teachers to provide extra instruction without having to meet with the student. Instead, a teacher can provide good explanation to student who is at home and does not require a face-to-face meeting. Finally, the Jing Project is incredibly easy and quick to use. It does not require an extensive technology background to operate and is fast. I’m a 6th grade middle school teacher and believe that my students would not have any problem using the Jing Project. The time it takes to record your message is about the time it takes to create a video. Overall, the Jing Project is an impressive and useful tool that I see myself using often.

Below is a recording I will use with my studetns. It explains how to setup a Word Document for my class:
My Jing

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Andrea, Great Jing Sample! I think this Web 2.0 is by far the most exciting for me. I definately agree with you that it will be incredibly beneficial for students who are visual and auditory learners or children who need additional review without necessarily meeting with th teacher.

Tom's Blog said...

Andreia,

I have used Jing and think it is pretty cool. I know there are a lot of students who would really benefit from a video created by Jing that shows them how to perform a specific task.