Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to my blog page. This page is dedicated to exploring the power of Web 2.0. I will be discussing technologies and evaluating the educational uses of these technologies.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

pbwiki

I just created my own wiki and I have to say it was pretty easy to do. I used pbwiki website when creating my wiki. Pbwiki allows you to create fully functional wikis for free. PBwiki only charges a fee if the user requires the use of special features that most of us will never need. This wiki site is great because it allows you to make your wiki private so it is safe you use with students.

Here is my "wikicircles" page which I plan to use for literature circles in my classroom:
http://wikicircles.pbwiki.com/

1 comment:

Ramit Sethi said...

Hi Andreia,

I'm glad you like your PBwiki!

Just a quick note: We don't charge for marking your wiki private, but we *do* charge if you want access controls (reader, writer, administrator, etc).

So if you'd like to switch your wiki to private and invite a bunch of people, that would still be free. However, if you decide you want to assign them different access levels, you'd need to upgrade to a Premium plan.

Thanks for using us!

-Ramit
PBwiki Co-founder